Thursday, September 16, 2010

Spotlight YBE: "Brown Sugar"

Each week I'm going to profile a few young, black entrepreneurs that I think are on their way to success and can offer something to the general public. So why not start with the people that I know the best: my friends. I have plenty of close friends that are on their way to becoming successful entrepreneurs, from music to media. So here's the first.

Every so often I go online and get my fix of entertainment, music, and event news. I have many blogs that I will religiously go to that have reliable information, varying perspectives, and interesting events to attend. One of my favorite sites to go on is Girlmeetspr.com.

The creator, Melissa Patterson, has a very simplistic, genuine yet well written way of relaying information, with a perspective that is clearly her own. Her blog is dedicated to event planning, entertainment, and lifestyle news. Her articles are trendy, often exposing the public to unsigned artist or little known events that deserve the spotlight not given in the main stream blogs. She is also in the process of starting a public relations company and possibly an event planning company. Don't take my word for it, go check her out at www.girlmeetspr.com, and I'm sure you won't be dissappointed! You can also contact her at Girlmeetspr@live.com and follow her on twitter @GirlMeetsPR .

No comments:

Post a Comment