Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fear: Part 1

Every human being has fell victim to the almighty factor that is always present: fear. This one emotion is responsible for countless wrong decisions or no decisions at all in many situations throughout history. The inability to be able to make decisions due to fear has cost many people jobs, relationships, in some cases lives. Although it is extremely difficult to shake fear, you can learn how to manage it. When I first heard this concept, I was confused but I soon learned what it meant. Managing your fears allows you to recognize them but not let them keep you from accomplishing your goals. These can also come in the form of excuses, which are very common. Here's an inspirational passages I never get tired of hearing by Marianne Williamson:
 “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
-Marianne Williamson
I'm working to manage my fears so that I can move forward with my journey. Believe me, this a lot easier said than done. Everyday I try to make a conscientious effort to address fears of mine, even if it's something small. Try to write some of your fears down and see if you can learn how to manage them. I will be coming back to this topic more often then not, so don't be surprised if it becomes a frequent post.

No comments:

Post a Comment