Tuesday, September 28, 2010

CrEaTiVe SpAcE

Now if anybody knows me well, they know how much I love cartoons. They are the one thing that no matter how old I get, I will always watch them. Call it what you want, but it helps me keep my sense of humor going and my imagination. For some of you "mature" people that don't watch cartoons...well, you have to do something to spark and maintain your imagination and creativity. Tonight, I was sitting at my computer and channel surfing, and came across a show on CNBC about the animation giant Pixar. Steve Jobs, the founder of Apple, created Pixar.
The special that I saw told the story of the how the animators pushed Pixar to be the leader in computer animation. Their sole purpose was to create, and create at will. So in order to stimulate their creative process they had to have favorable conditions. This meant a unique workspace. It's amazing how a relaxed, fun environment can make it possible for people to create masterpieces. Even in the business world, your creativity is one of your most valuable assets. Set the right conditions to cultivate it and the results can be astounding! Here's a snippet of the film and at 1:27 you can get a sneak preview of what I'm talking about. For more on the film, you can go to
http://www.leslieiwerks.co/pixar.htm . and http://www.leslieiwerks.com/ . Enjoy, and try to figure out what your creative space looks like. You never know what can happen when your creative juices are flowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment