Sunday, September 26, 2010

Good Company


There's an old saying that you are the company that you keep. Well if that's the case then I'm definitely going to be successful, a million times over. I just had some great conversations within the past couple of days with people that have some very interesting insight on how they see opportunity in the world. Talking with people who have unique viewpoints gives you a chance to think about things that you may not have considered before. They're against the status quo.

One conversation involved a person who is  in the midst of making a life-changing decision that will either make or break them. They simply said, "If I do this and it doesn't work out, I'm okay with that. As long as I know that I did it I'm okay with the consequences." Now most people wouldn't have been okay with failing at a given task as my friend is. Admittedly, she told me that there are people making more money than she is, enjoying benefits and vacations at her job, but hate coming to work everyday(as does she). Problem is they are content with this mundane lifestyle, as long as they can reap the financial rewards. My friend isn't. She knows that there is something bigger than herself left to accomplish and she is going to at least try if not succeed at it.

Another one of my friends gives me an opportunity to explore my creative side. He is a renaissance man when it comes to the arts. It's his release and avenue of expression. He always tells me to try something out because the reason why other people are going to tell me that I can't do something is they too scared to do it themselves. The things that he has done thus far have amazed me because he makes sure that he creates before criticizes. That way the idea gets out first, then tweaking or perfecting it comes later.

Both of my friends, including countless others all have one thing in common: they help bring out the best in me. 
 1. They help push me
 2. Challenge me
 3. And hold me accountable for the mistakes I make and help me correct them

People like that always add to your overall aura and help manifest the positivity in your life. I'm sure that most of you have some people like this around you. It's the reason why I keep this type of company. You are always learning, always laughing, and always moving forward in the direction to success because your support system is successful and they want to see the same for you. So if you're not going in the direction you want to, aside from checking yourself, look at your company. Maybe you need to make some cuts on your team.

No comments:

Post a Comment