Monday, November 29, 2010

The Next Move

I mentioned before that I have many passions that I will pursue but until I become a mastermind at multitasking, serial entrepreneurship will have to wait until the first venture gets off the ground. My first goal is to be a successful real estate investor. Particularly in apartment buildings by college campuses. I just graduated, so I know how hard it is for college students to find affordable, safe and convenient housing for the their lifestyle. Now coming up with idea was the easy part. Getting started is definitely the hardest part. I have been battling with this starting point for the past 8 months. One thing that I continued to do was educate myself. I have read and studied almost any and everything that I could get my hands on to gain a better understanding about what real estate was and how the game of money worked.

On Wednesday, I'm starting a class so that I can get my real estate license. For those who wanted to know, you DON'T need your license to invest in real estate. This is just the path that I am taking. However, I'm doing this to become a great real estate agent, but more so for the experience, learning opportunities, and networking. Call it what you want but I'm going to call it strategy. They said life is like a chess game. This is my next move.

Anybody who is interested in real estate investing or just want to get some more knowledge on how money works can check out some of these links. I also want you all to leave comments and tell me what you think and please share any information that you have for the greater good. Thanks!

www.richdad.com -Robert Kiyosaki and his team can explain how money works in the most laymen terms.

www.biggerpockets.com -Real estate investing news

www.michaelmoore.com -Great film director and enthusiast for exposing the truth!

Any other suggestions that you have drop them in the comments section and keep educating yourself!

2 comments:

  1. By now, you may have made some connections via your real estate licensing class, so this suggestion may only serve to clarify the fact that I'm catching on to you life happenings a little *cough*cough* late, BUT do you know anyone who is already doing that which you aspire to do? In other words, do you know people who have successfully invested in real estate. Would they be willing to let you pick their brains? I definitely agree that reading up on the topic is really important, but you will also benefit from some real-life examples. There's no need to reinvent the wheel...just improve upon the blueprints. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment and for reading the blog. I really appreciate it. To answer your question, I have yet to find someone who has successfully invested and would let me learn from them. I am still searching and will continue to. I definitely agree that it would be great to find someone that I can "shadow" or pick their brain. Hopefully I can find them some time soon.

    ReplyDelete